Higher education courses

Donate Now

Higher education courses: find and apply

You can search and apply for most higher education courses online.

You usually have to be 18 or older to take a higher education course. They’re usually taught in:

  • universities
  • colleges
  • specialist institutions like as art schools or agricultural colleges

Higher education qualifications include:

  • diplomas
  • bachelor degrees
  • foundation degrees
  • post-graduate degrees

Full-time courses

Unistats – compare official course data from universities and colleges, including student satisfaction and jobs after study.

UCAS – search and apply for full-time courses by course name, provider name or location.

National Careers Service – search for full-time and part-time courses.

Part-time courses

National Careers Service – search for full-time and part-time courses.

Unistats – search for part-time courses. You’ll have to apply directly to the college or university.

Open University courses

The Open University – search and apply for distance learning courses

Specialist music, dance and drama courses

CUKAS – search and apply for music conservatoire courses.

Teacher training

UCAS Teacher Training – apply for teacher training.

Postgraduate courses

Prospects and Postgraduate Search – search for postgraduate study.

Courses at private institutions

Courses are also available at private institutions. Apply for these directly with the university or college. You can search for some through UCAS.

Help and advice

Call the UCAS Exam Results Helpline for advice if your exam results were higher or lower than expected.

UCAS Exam Results Helpline
0808 100 8000
Find out about call charges